- Our client was looking for implementable digital solutions that could help reduce / eliminate downtime losses due to unexpected equipment failure.
- The client was looking for technology solutions to automate error detection in circuit diagrams. The objective was to improve efficiency while eliminating the risk of human error.
KEY BUSINESS OUTCOMES
- The client selected an Asia-based start-up for final due diligence, testing and implementation.
KEY BUSINESS IMPACT
- The client was able to find an implement the desired solution with substantial savings of time and cost.
We operate in the most competitive echelons of global markets, and we had some of the specific questions that only genuine technology experts could answer. WhatNext helped us to understand and prepare for unknown unknowns that would otherwise be unexpected and to guide decisions that help our company stay on course and predict its future position.
VP – Research & Development
Global Mobility Major
OUR APPROACH & METHODOLOGY
Expert Project Team Deployment
- For the client’s specific business objective, from its Expert Network, WhatNext selected and deployed a team of 3 experts who together had experience in automotive engineering, AI-based Machine vision, machine learning, image recognition, text recognition, pattern recognition, and quality control. This expert team was supported by a PhD student to help in data gathering, research and analysis.
- The Expert team analyzed patent literature, product data sheets, technical research papers, conference papers & other scientific articles from leading journals & magazine publications. They also engaged with and exchanged opinions with other experts in their network and other experts sourced from the WhatNext Expert Network.
- The outcome of the research phase resulted in identifying 3 startups.
- The research findings were made available to the client over the WhatNext platform.
Benchmarking & Due Diligence
- In-depth mapping of the technologies of all three companies was conducted.
- Detailed value proposition and benchmarking were done on their technology profiles
- In-depth IP Assessments were conducted as well.
- The experts engaged with the startups to understand the TRL levels o the technology and real-world effectiveness and ease of integration. They also had discussions with users of the start-up’s technologies.
- At the end of this phase, the client was introduced to two of the three finalized companies.